The Omega-3 revolution
An insurance against neuronal death
Omega-3s are essential to prevent and fight against cerebral and cardiac attacks. CNRS researchers have just discovered the mechanisms of polyunsaturated fatty acids that allow the body to fight against certain neurological diseases.
Put Omega-3 on your plate and reap the benefits.
With Glucosamine + Chondroitin, osteoarthritis is no longer a fatality
Did you know that since February 1999, glucosamine is officially recognized and used in the United States as a natural alternative to osteoarthritis. Associated with chondroitin, it has an action both of regeneration of damaged cartilage and reconstruction of new cartilages. The cure is 2 months minimum.
Say goodbye to your white hair
Find the natural color of your hair in 20 days
Spectacular results in just twenty days!
POSITIVEHAIR , the lotion that restores natural pigmentation to your hair and makes you forget your white hair. POSITIVEHAIR is effective regardless of the color of your hair. Do not hesitate to take advantage of the economic offer!
You can not take migraines anymore?
Here is the Partenelle to forget your migraines!
Widely distributed in the Balkans, the PARTNER will make you forget your migraines and your headaches. Indeed the flowering tops of the partner contain parthenolide, to which the plant owes its ANTIMIGRAINE activity. Do not take your head anymore! Follow a cure of 3 months quickly.
Dermatologists assure that puffy eyes take place when there is an excess fluid which is kept around the eyes, in the soft area. When fluid retention occurs, we speak of edema. As a rule, you can get rid of puffy eyes in home conditions.
- Tiredness or lack of sleep
- Excess of salt in the diet
- Bacterial infection
- Extended use of affordable contacts
- Various eye diseases: sinusitis, conjunctivitis, blepharitis
- Stress or crying
Puffy eyes make you look tired and exhausted, even if you are not. So many times, we wake up after a deep sleep and feel quite fresh, though our puffy eyes prove the opposite. It’s quite possible to get rid of puffiness under eyes following some advice:
- Use the tea bag. Tea is not only useful for health as an energy drink but also is a stunning remedy for puffy eyes! Of course, drinking tea will not save you from swollen eyes. Just lay the used tea bags over your eyelids. The tea bags must be fresh — follow the same algorithm as if you are making tea to drink, but don’t add sugar to your tea and let the bags cool a bit. When they are warm (a bit warmer than room temperature), lie down, place the tea bags over your eyelids and relax. Ten minutes will be quite enough, and your eyes will look beautiful again! Both green tea and black tea do for this procedure.
- The cucumber strategy. Cucumbers are used to struggle against baggy eyes, wrinkles, sore and swollen eyes. Take a cucumber into the fridge for two hours to increase its cooling properties. Cut two cucumber slices and place them over your eyelids for ten minutes. Relax and think of something good. Your eyes will become fresh very fast to put on contacts for daily wear without worries!
- Potato method. Besides being a part of almost every day diet, potatoes are used in headaches treatments and are known for anti-inflammatory properties. Your eyes will heal in no time! Just peel and wash a potato tuber. Cut two slices and put them over your puffy eyes. Let them rest here for a quarter of an hour. This will help you to get rid of swollen eyes quickly!
- Whip up some egg whites. If you have ever made a facial mask in home conditions, you might have used some egg whites. Egg whites possess skin tightening properties which are known to prevent skin from aging. Egg whites do wonders for puffy eyes as well. All you need is to whisk some egg whites until smooth, then add a bit of witch hazel. After it, put the mass under your eyes with a brush. This is a perfect method to get rid of under-eye puffiness.
- Cooling with a metal remedy. Teaspoons will do for best. Place two teaspoons in your fridge to make the metal cooler. When you feel your eyes are sore and ache, take out two teaspoons from your fridge and put them over your eyes. The soothing effect of cold metal will bring relief to your eyes.
- Salt remedy. Salt is of double nature for puffiness under eyes. Eating salty food will only worsen your condition if you have puffy eyes problem. So, you have to apply salt on your skin. Mix half of teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water until salt dissolves. Soak a pair of cotton balls in the mixture and then place them over your eyelids. Wait 15 minutes and remove the cotton balls. Your eyes look great again!
- More water — internally and externally! If your body is dehydrated, you have to encounter the problem of water retention in your body, and this adds to your eye puffiness.
Wash your face with cold water – first and foremost, in the morning and during the whole day!
Another remedy is to soak cotton balls in ice water and put them over eyes for several minutes.
If your eye puffiness goes along with some complications as sharp pain or lousy vision, don’t hesitate to consult a doctor. Otherwise, the above remedies will help you to get rid of puffy eyes.
The changes in vision that occur as people age often requires them to wear bifocals, trifocals or reading glasses. Depending on a person’s vision around 50 years old, wearing eyeglasses and spending long periods of time reading smartphone or computer screens can be troublesome.
Problems with Reading Gadget Screens with Bifocals, Trifocals, and Progressive Lens Glasses
If a person already has traditional bifocals with a line that distinguishes the near-sighted prescription from the reading prescription or wears eyeglasses that have a progressive lens that blends the prescription, so there is not a visible line, it can be very difficult to spend hours reading a computer screen.
With the current eyeglass fashion trend, there is limited space to accommodate the bifocal. Reading a computer screen for long periods of time can be a real challenge, especially if the eyeglasses have the progressive lens that eliminates the bifocal or trifocal line.
Another problem is the typical nearsighted prescription for eyeglasses is for distances that are much farther away than the computer screen. The distance for reading a computer screen is a middle-distance area (about 20”-26”) and is in between the long distance vision and the close-up vision for reading a book or magazine.
Tips for Reducing Eye Fatigue when Reading on Gadgets
One solution to this nagging problem is getting a single vision lens that is specifically prescribed for the middle distance for reading the computer screen.
Another solution, depending on whether the person at the computer is also referring to text on a printed page, is bifocal that has the middle vision prescription on the top and the near vision prescription for reading a book or magazine on the bottom. These eyeglasses would not be good for things like driving a car or watching TV but are useful for going back and forth from the screen to a printed page.
A third possibility is getting a multi-focal lens that has three distinct distances with a line separation for each. If choosing this type of lens, the eye doctor should be made aware that the eyeglasses will be used primarily for looking at a computer screen to have the middle-distance area made large enough for this purpose.
To help reduce eye fatigue, consider an anti-reflective coating on the lens to cut down on the glare from the computer screen, and other light reflections that would interfere with viewing the screen.
Computers, Bifocals & Baby Boomers
Bifocals are something most people need around 50 years old as their vision begins to change. Baby boomers who have been accustomed to working long hours at a computer may find this change in vision to be particularly difficult with resulting eye fatigue. A pair of glasses specifically for reading a computer screen may be the best option.
The mere fact is that they are exactly what we call them — a food to comfort us. Anything that is used in excess is very rarely good for us and that includes exercise too, moderation is what’s called for and a look at the reason behind the need for excess of anything.
A lot of people comfort eat without even realizing they are doing it.
The people in the office sitting at their desks doing the same old thing over and over again, they quite easily turn to that bar of chocolate, bag of crisps or packet of biscuits.
At first, it seems a method of alleviating the boredom, then it becomes a habit, and really it is just something to do to give us comfort from our daily lives.
It’s not just jobs that lead us to comfort eating though, sometimes it is sadness, insecurity, lack of understanding, sheer loneliness, or bereavement. Losing someone dear to us whether through bereavement or the end of a relationship, even our children leaving home, can very often leave a void in our lives that somehow needs to be filled with something.
The comfort of a sweet biscuit with a cup of tea has always been a favorite to relieve the shock of bad news and can also be used as a comfort aid afterward.
In this case then, comfort eating is, in my books good, for you. It relieves a deep need within the body at a time of great stress, and although tablets can do the same I would then have to ask the question of whether they were good for you or not, as I feel they are far harder to stop.
Comfort eating for loneliness can be good for a while as it takes away that loneliness feeling for a little while, but of course that’s the real problem isn’t it for it is only a little while and then the need seems to come back, this is not good and obviously if continued can lead to other problems.
Continual comfort eating, without assessing the real problem behind it, is not going to do anyone any good as it can lead to obesity and other medical problems, but just for a while it can help tremendously, just as long as you don’t get addicted to it.
We all comfort eat sometimes, because we need to feel that release from everyday things, how many of us can deny that chocolate bar halfway through a boring afternoon or that bag of crisps curled up on the sofa with a sad film after a romance end.
Comfort eating can be good for us but only if not taken to extremes.
The body and mind are closely related, and it is not enough to pay attention to a diet that ensures good physical health; it is equally important to include food items which have specific benefits for the brain. These are sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which prevent degeneration of the brain and loss of memory. Antioxidants are potent chemicals derived from plants that neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals that damage cells.
Vitamins for the brain
Vitamins of the B group, especially niacin and folic acid are essential to keep the brain healthy. Vitamin B rich foods are yeast, nuts, seeds, legumes, wheat germ, dairy products, lean meat, sea food, eggs, whole grains, and leafy greens. Thiamine is important for healthy nerves, and is found in wheat germ, bran, nuts and fortified cereals. Riboflavin, found in milk, almonds and fortified cereals, boosts the memory. Carotene is linked to clear thinking. It is found in deep green vegetables, and dark orange fruits and vegetables. Vitamins E and C are powerful antioxidants which prevent degenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s. The juices of vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, beet and ginger are rich sources of vitamins that boost the brain.
Minerals for the brain
Apart from vitamins B1 and B12, memory depends on a sufficient intake of lecithin (found in eggs and Soya) and magnesium. Sources of magnesium are wheat germ, brown rice, green leafy vegetables, and almonds and walnuts. Walnuts and almonds are rich in phosphorus too. Phosphorus is also present in figs, dates, grapes, apples and oranges, and strengthens the brain. Iron, essential for a healthy brain, is found in green vegetables, Soya beans, shellfish and red meat.
Fruits and nuts are rich in the trace mineral boron, which affects the electrical activity of the brain and prevents degeneration of the nerve cells. Boron rich fruits include apple, pear, peaches and grapes. Two apples contain a milligram of boron. Seedpods and green leafy vegetables like broccoli also contain boron. 100 gm of peanuts contain 2 mg of boron.
Herbs for the brain
Herbs, especially in the form of teas, are effective in strengthening the functions of the brain.
- Lemon balm elevates the mood and sharpens the mind and comprehension.
- Shakespeare referred to rosemary “for remembrance”, and students in ancient Greece used sprigs of rosemary to increase memory. The Greeks and Romans inhaled its odor to energize the brain and enhance memory.
- Sage is believed to sharpen concentration by acting on the cortex of the brain.
Other Food Items for a healthy brain
Some foods are especially recommended for active functioning of the brain.
- Omega 3 fatty acids found in oily fish and flaxseeds are food for the brain.
- Sprouts like alfalfa contain antioxidants, phytohormones, biohormones and enzymes which keep the brain active and healthy.
- Some spices like cumin seeds and pepper boost memory power and act as a nerve tonic. Curcumin in turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Berries like blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, cranberry and blackberry are rich sources of antioxidants.
- Apart from berries, black beans, spinach, broccoli, onions and dark chocolate keep the brain cells healthy.
The right diet minimizes oxidation and inflammation of the brain, and improves the ability of the brain cells to communicate with each other. Fruits and vegetables like plum, avocado, oranges, red grape, cherry, red apples and vegetables like brussel sprouts, broccoli, beet, red bell pepper, onions, carrots and asparagus prevent aging of the brain. Herbs, spices and berries also contribute to a healthy and active brain.Studies have shown that those on a Mediterranean diet which is rich in these items suffer less from dementia and silent strokes. Therefore, it is essential to include “brain foods” while planning the diet.
Tip: Walnuts are more effective if taken with raisins and figs.
For a new virility
Here is the surefire way to increase your sexual performance
This is because TRIBULUS naturally stimulates the production of Testosterone that dramatically improves libido and male vigor. Indeed, a recent study has shown that taking Tribulus for 5 days naturally leads to a testosterone increase of more than 30%. And if you followed a couple treatment.
To put an end to insomnia
To find a thousand and one nights of serenity
Here is the most beautiful tranquilizer that nature offers us, the VALERIAN , because it does not weaken the mind and does not like, alas, a lot of chemical tranquilizers. And, moreover, it does not create any addiction or drowsiness during the day. Find your child’s sleep with Valerian soon.
The Hoodia gordonii cactus
A revolution in the field of slimming
Hoodia gordinii is a new, exciting and powerful dietary supplement that will reduce your appetite better than any other product … It is used by native tribes of South Africa as appetite suppressants and natural thirst quenchers during their long journeys & hunt. The extract of this cactus reduces by 40 to 50% the absorption of calories, causing a considerable loss of weight.